Thursday 8 March 2012

Happy International Women's Day, 8th March!

Do you have any plans for today? Going out with the girls or are you having a calm night at home?

Whatever you choose to do just enjoy yourself and have an amazing evening.

International Women's Day was originally named International Working Women's Day. It is marked on March 8 every year. In different countries the focus on the celebration ranges from celebration of respect, appreciation and love towards women to a celebration for women's economic, political and social achievements. The tradition sees men honouring their mothers, wives, girlfriends, colleagues etc. with flowers and small gifts. In some countries the women's day has the equivalent status of Mother's Day where children give small presents to their mothers and grandmothers.


Source:Roza-vita.com

Happy International Women's Day!


I come from Bulgaria where the day is very popular. I got flowers and little presents from friends, family and boyfriends. The day is simply an occasion for men to express their love for women. I had amazing celebrations until I came to Denmark. In Denmark, the day is more like a feminism celebration, it is all about the women's achievements in social, political economical aspects and rights. I do not receive flowers any more, except from my boyfriend.:)

If you still do not have a plan for the evening and you would like to be a part of an event that is happening on 8th March, I found a website where you should just type in the country and and you can find out if there are any events in the city you live in.


If you like this post, leave a comment!
Tell me how you spend your 8th March:)
Dont forget to join me on Facebook and Twitter.

Yours,

Fashion Memos.


4 comments:

  1. Честит празник и на теб! :)

    http://www.martasfashiondiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was at school:( lovely blog girl :)


    XOXO

    http://blondefashiontale.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah me too:(

    Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading!
I would be very happy to hear your feedback. You are always welcome to write me!